I had so much fun with this POPalicious Baby Shower! For the past year I have been the guest of honor at all of the events, like my numerous bridal showers and engagement parties, but I must admit it was so fun to be on the planning side once again. While it was fun, it was a lot of work.
Here are my 5 tips to a successful event
1. Plan ahead: I helped to plan this shower from another state so I had to plan in advance. It really made things so much easier because I ordered all of my decorations and had them sent to my mothers house where we hosted the shower, so it saved us from doing a bunch of shopping at the last minute.
2. Do Your Research: There are so many fun and creative things out there that will really make your event stand out. Use your resources! We got a lot of ideas from Pinterest and Etsy.
3. Delegate: We had a few people involved in the planning of this shower so we listed out responsibilities for each person and we WROTE IT DOWN. If everyone does their part it takes the confusion out of the equation.
4. Set Up Early: It may seem like you have all of the time in the world, BUT YOU DONT! I was in charge of decorating and we started making balloon sculptures and setting up the candy bar the night before. Before I knew it the 2:00 start time was only 5 minutes away and I hadn't even gotten dressed. Plan out in your head how long it will take you to set up and then triple that number, because that's how long it will really take… if not longer.
5. Don't Sweat the Small Things: No matter how well you plan things out or how in control you are something is bound to go wrong. For example we bought, in advance, a helium tank that should fill 50 balloons, which only filled about 20! Luckily we were able to go out and get another one, but in the event that we were not able to get one I was fully prepared to improvise. Its just like a wedding, the things that don't go exactly as planned are the things that make it memorable and unique.
BONUS: HIRE SOMEONE! People fail to realize that it really does make sense to hire a pro. Not only will you get a professional person with professional contacts and experience, but you end up spending the same amount of money, if not more, when you do it yourself. For this event I was only 1/5 of the planning committee but please believe the next event that I host, I will be enlisting the help of an Event Planner!
Popcorn & Candy Bar
Balloon Arch & Balloon Baby Bottles
Each of these tips and ideas to arrange are party are worth reading. Bought a pretty gown for my niece and a three price for my nephew for their baptism luncheon. One of the best Chicago venues is booked for the twins' special ceremony. Dishes and cake will be of high quality. Thinking to arrange a different set up for traditional activities.ReplyDelete