It's BUTTER TIME! You guys know that I have a slight butter addiction so don't judge me. I was in the mood over the WEEKSend so I made some garlic herb butter. It was beyond amazing. I had to give some of it away because I would have eaten all of the butter and the entire loaf of bread… not good!
I used the Butter Cup from Williams Sonoma, if you don't have one do yourself a favor and go get one. Keep in mind that this butter is au natural, so it only lasts about 5-7 days in the fridge.
- Fill the container with 1 cup of heavy cream & let it sit at room temp for 6-8 hours (I did this overnight)
- Roast a head of garlic & let it cool (for this I used about 4 cloves and used the rest in my spaghetti)
- Shake the container for about 2-3 minutes until it gets really thick & the butter starts to separate
- Strain out the liquid through the top of the jar (I didn't have a lot of liquid)
- Rinse and strain with cold water (repeat this twice)
- Shake again for about 2 minutes
- Poor out any excess liquid through the top of the jar and collect the butter into the attached ramekin
- Salt to taste (I used about 1/2 tsp of salt)
- Add garlic cloves, parsley (just a pinch) and thyme (just a pinch)
- combine the ingredients
*seasoning is based on my preference, you can add more or less